Friday, January 12, 2007

knit wits

Went to a Knit wits meeting on Wednesday with Julie, they seemed a great bunch. I felt slightly like I was gate crashing because about the only fiber arts I don't do are knitting and crochet. Still I took some needle felting and no-one seemed to mind. It was nice to meet a bunch of people who like making things.

I’m slightly lying when I say I don’t knit. I can knit I just haven’t done any in over 20 years so it’s pretty close to not knitting. I can honestly say I have never crocheted though. I can spin, weave, dye and felt wool. I can make lace, needle lace, tablet weaving, have tried tatting (must find the shuttle and do some more) make braids by half a dozen methods and buy yarns and fibers just cos I like them so I suppose adding those two to the list would complete the set. Maybe I just have to be the odd one out!

Partly Mum likes knitting much more than I do so she knits me things and I make other things for her. Though she hasn’t managed to finish the last jumper she promised me, not that I can complain cos I’m worse at not finishing stuff.

2 comments:

steel breeze said...

Hello Ester! Nah, we don't care what you do when you come - you can just come and chat if you want! We are all fibre nuts and get excited when people bring new acquisitions to show us! I'm hoping to organise a destash night soon 'cause I've lots of oddments to give away!

Thought your needle-felted bear was gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I need to get rid of some stash though mine is mostly fabric. Comes from making costumes as a job for 5 years

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.