Monday, January 22, 2007

18 C Jacket pattern

We drafted the pattern for the 18th century jacket today. It's like a sackback gown but only knee length. It was decided it is the biggest pattern peice ever! Actually I have done bigger when doing circle skirts and the like but it's pretty big. The fabric is a bit shy of 60" so we have decided to make the peats a little smaller to fit it across the fabric. So one jacket takes two pieces of 60" wide fabric side by side to make without sleeves.. just a few pleats to do then! The lining is the same except that the back panel is sans pleats in the body which means it then holds everything in place.

1 comment:

Julie Spriddle said...

Sounds interesting... Will you take pictures of the pattern pieces and post along with the finished jacket? I'd be interested in seeing how it's transformed. :)

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.