While I'm waiting for the baby which if the midwife is right should hopefully be pretty soon now I thought I'd do this meme as I have been tagged by TeaRose over at Needle and clay, her blog is mostly about artdolls which is a great subject with such a variety of styles.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So here goes.
1) I find it very hard to work at a clear desk I need to have things I have to do out and visible or my brain forgets them. It doesn't matter how good a filing system I have I still forget. This has not gone down well with some work colleagues who see a messy desk as unprofessional but in my defence I can always find what I need that way.
2) I won a hour long challenge to see who could make bobbin lace the fastest as a teenager, the organisers wanted to have it as a world record but the guiness book of records said it was to minority a subject. I was making Honiton lace which is pretty much the finest lace ever made.
3) I can mentally judge spaces very accurately. I always know if something will fit in a gap and can work out exactly where each of the the various tents a group has need to go when we have a very limited pitching space, including guy ropes etc.
4) If you give me two fabrics dyed the same colour, one synthetic and one natural I will be able to tell you which is which. There is just something different I'm not sure I can even explain why but it has something to do with depth and purity of colour.
5) I am chronically dyslexic but I have had the advantage of some very good teaching on how to get round it ..mostly from my mum who was a teacher when we were young.
6) I read cookery books much the same way other people read novels. Mrs Beeton is one of the best but many older books are very interesting because they cover much more than just recipes. I am not so fond of modern books with a big picture on each page, I'd rather have lots of different written recipes which is odd as I'm a very visual person in most areas.
I always find tagging people hard and please don't feel you have to do this, I've only done a couple as I don't like to tag people I don't know.
Julie at Julie made this
Richard at Richard's comments