Well I have managed to finish the cloak, other than a toggle which will have to wait to I unearth the button box from where ever I cunningly hid it last ! It is however very wearable without a fastening as it has shaped shoulders and being a bit stiff stays were it's put. The fur shoulder cape took a while to hand sew on because the waxed cotton is hard to sew through and my hands are having issues today for some reason and are stiff and uncooperative !
Noodles wearing the cloak before the fur was attached, shows the shaped shoulders.
I could iron out the biggest crease in the fabric which runs across the main body of the cloak. That comes from it having been folded to be sent here but I would have to do that between two pieces of brown paper to re-melt the wax and some of it would come off in the process. As it is going to get bashed about and stuffed in bags it will develop many more creases very rapidly so there seemed little point.
The Tartan coat is still just a body currently but hopefully that will get finished tomorrow. I also need to re-measure Treestump before nursery tomorrow as he is growing like a weed and is now really in age 3-4 clothes but the big bag I found in that size in storage all seems to be summer things so he is going to need some more trousers are the very least. Just for the record he is 2 1/2 years old and is 98cm high. We keep accidentally putting him in Noddles t-shirts because while his limbs are much shorter than his big brother his body isn't much different.