Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Charity shop hall and Felting experiment


We went on a charity shop trawl at the weekend and i got some bits.. I got a camera bag which will get revamped as something else, a sweet little cruet set which will go with my Denby. Two short sleeve silk shirts to wear open over T-shirts (I don't do butteoned shirts well due to my bust). A pair of stripy jeans to make a bag out of. A pink and black tweedy jacket which i plan to hack and slash till it works and definetly change the buttons plus two pure wool jumpers.



I washed both jumpers at 60 (and a third one himself was chucking) The patterned one shrunk very well the other two didn't so i plan to try again at a hotter temp. The patterned one shrunk from 41-43 inch chest to just the right size for small one who is nearly 4. I cut it down the front and it is now a boiled wool jacket for him.. result.

No comments:

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.