Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crochet doll is a hit.


I recently made this doll form a pattern in Let's Knit, though it is crocheted not knitted. He is called Dude in the magazine and I thought he would make a good present for my 15 month old nephew. One each obviously. I finished him just before Aunty Jane's party and showed him to their mum who thought he was wonderful so planned to make a second one and give them to them in January as they are in South Africa for christmas as her mum lives there.

However Treestump saw him and made a grab for him and ever since has tried to get him when he has seen him so I have given in and let him have it. After all he seems more interested in him than most toys so go with the flow. Does mean I need to make two for late January... and probaly one for Christmas as big brother wants one, wel maybe two more as he thinks the other young cousins needs one.. and then there is our friend's baby boy.. I could be making quite a few !!

Luckly he is easy to make even over a sleeping babay as all the parts are made separately and joined together so expect to see various versions of this over the next few weeks,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one of those my Grandma made for me when I was little.... I don't know if it was crochet or knitted, but I loved the little guy.. mine was red, black, and white....It just seems to have an appeal that lasts forever!! Thanks for bringing back that memory... have an awesome day.. {{HUGS}}

Julie Spriddle said...

That is one very cute doll :)

Esther said...

Sometimes the simplest things are the best aren't they!

Angie said...

Wow such a cute doll!! I am glad it is a hit Have a great day!

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.