Monday, June 06, 2011

Leaf Capelet

Finally something to post about. It isn't that I haven't been doing things I have but life has been very hectic in many ways.

One of the projects I have been working on over the last few months on and off is a present for my mum which was delivered this weekend so I can now post it.

The pattern comes from the Interweave Crochet Accessories 2010 Magazine and is called Claudia's Capelet.
Mum and I picked out at yarn we though would work well at the beginning of the year.

The leaves are worked individually in three different sizes by changing the hook size and this gave a nice subtle graduation in size. They are made just in double crochet (single for Americans) and as such are pretty easy the only difference is most rows are done into the back of the stitch only which gives the prominent ridges. The leaves are then joined by a network of chains hanging off a simple neckband.

This is the first project I have properly blocked and that helped flatten it out a fair bit but there is still a bit of twist in the lower leaves.

2 comments:

Julie Spriddle said...

Beautiful. You did a nice job there and your mum looks great in it. :-)

Jokke said...

I love the leaves and it has a great natural look to it. Colour is beatiful too.

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.